Why skill yourself in business management?
The Certificate in Business Management (CIBM) provides an overview of the essentials of business management theory and practice. It is designed to provide a convenient and appropriate avenue into business management studies for those individuals whose objective is to gain employment or successfully climb the corporate ladder.
This certificate is an excellent way for students to broaden their understanding of the intrinsic functions of business management such as finance, communications and marketing. The course develops skills necessary to enhance productivity, effectiveness and better performance in the business environment.
What will I gain from this programme?
Our accredited and recognised CIBM provides graduates with:
- A foundation for a formal career path in management or commerce.
- The opportunity to gain admission to Regent Business Schoolís BCom programme on completion of the CIBM.
- A greater understanding of the various functions of management in a business environment.
- Knowledge that can be applied within an individualís present career path in business that will boost their career, improve performance and set their career on the fast track.
What is the duration of the programme, how is it structured?
The CIBM is a 1 year, full time, distance and supported learning programme.
There are 6 modules in total, with 3 modules studied in each semester.
- Business Management
- Financial Management
- Business Communication
- Business Information Systems
- Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management
- Marketing Management
Qualification: Certificate in Business Management
Who should apply?
- Aspiring individuals whose objective it is to seek employment in the corporate world or who need the grounding to do a BCom degree.
- People with part-time or full-time employment who wish to advance their careers, but may not have formal post-school qualifications and only limited work experience.
- People whose post-school qualifications are not in business management but have taken a position in the business world, and now realise that they want to further their career oppportunities in this employment sector.
- Individuals who either work in or run small businesses and need information and skills so they can develop their ideas, and formulate strategies for the growth of this business.