On completion of this qualification, graduates will be able to:
- Apply financial management and accounting principles in a work-based context
- Utilise technology to communicate effectively
- Analyse and use financial information for business decision making
- Identify the critical success factors for starting and managing a small business
- Design and implement marketing strategies to leverage business opportunities
- Operate as informed junior accountants and managers
What is the duration of the programme, how is it structured?
The HCIA programme comprises 6 modules. Students attempt three (3) modules per semester. The minimum duration of this programme is one year.
Who should apply?
- Aspiring individuals whose objective it is to seek employment in the corporate world or who need the grounding to do a BCom degree.
- People with part-time or full time employment who wishes to advance their careers, but may not have formal post-school qualifications and only limited work experience.
- People whose post-school qualifications are not in accounting but have taken a position in the business world, and now realise that they want to further their career opportunities in this employment sector.
What are the admission requirements?
- A senior certificate or equivalent qualification.
- RPL (Recognition of Prior Learning) for mature students who do not meet minimum entry requirements.
- A or O-level certificates.
- GCE (General Certificate in Education).
- All admissions to the Certificate in Business. Management programmes are subject to approval of the REGENT Business School Selection Committee.
The programme consists of the following modules:
- Business Information Systems
- Commercial Law
- Financial Accounting
- Business Management
- Financial Management
What is Your Investment?
SADC Distance Fee Schedule 2018Download
South Africa Distance Fee Schedule 2018
REGENT Business School’s Certificate Program in Accounting prepares you to analyze and accurately communicate the financial impact of economic events on an enterprise. The accounting profession is valued more than ever by business leaders and investors, who recognize the critical need for qualified and well trained accounting professionals.
The Certificate in Accounting is designed to provide students with a broad and thorough understanding of accounting principles and financial reporting practices, to keep students abreast of innovations in the field, and to enhance proficiency in accounting-related functions such as financial analysis and data interpretation. It is possible to complete this program in as little as one year.
What will I gain from this programme?
- Gain the knowledge and skills to enter or advance in the accounting field
- Boost your marketability with a certificate from a widely respected Institution.
- Prepare for a career change.
- Demonstrate a commitment to professional development.
- Take classes at conveniently scheduled times and locations.
The program is intended for those who wish to enter the accounting field and for current accounting professionals who want to update their skill and gain a credential.