On completion of this qualification, graduates will be able to:
- Develop the characteristics of successful entrepreneurs
- Build the necessary skills which will serve as a foundation for all further business learning
- Utilise numerical and statistical knowledge in facilitating the ability to manage a small business
- Display knowledge of communication skills to understand and be understood
- Use and understand conventional accounting processes for small businesses
- Undertake appropriate managerial decisions on the basis of understanding of accounting and financial processes
- Demonstrate knowledge with regard to the human resource and labour relations functions of a small or medium business organisation
- Demonstrate an understanding of the environment in which businesses are situated
- Demonstrate knowledge of the legal context of businesses
- Display knowledge of selected day-to-day management functions of a business enterprise
What is the duration of the programme, how is it structured?
The HCIE programme comprises 6 modules. Students attempt three (3) modules per semester. The minimum duration of this programme is one year.
What are the admission requirements?
- A National Senior Certificate with a minimum Higher Certificate admission or a relevant NQF4 Qualification or Equivalent
- A or O level certificates
The programme consists of the following modules:
- Small Business Marketing
- Strategic Small Business Management
- Business Communication
- Small Business Finance and Accounting
- Management Principles
Entrepreneurship is the cornerstone of economic growth in today’s business environment. In this highly competitive and complex arena, success takes more than passion alone.
The Certificate in Entrepreneurship (CIE) provides students with the necessary skills and knowledge to establish a new business, and market a small business. It also gives a solid grounding in managing the finances of a small business and improving competency levels in accounting practices. In addition, the fundamentals of Business Communications and Management Principles will train entrepreneurs to be effective in their communication, leadership and management style.
In a job market where retrenchment always threatens job security, this programme will give our graduates the skills needed to be an entrepreneur or business owner, with the analytical business tools and increased knowledge to develop and maintain a business.
What will I gain from this programme?
Our accredited and recognised CIE provides graduates with:
- A foundation for a career path in commerce.
- The opportunity to gain admission to REGENT Business School’s BCom programme on completion of the CIE.
- A greater understanding, new ideas and the ability and know-how to start a business.
- Knowledge that can be applied in the present business environment to boost career advancement, improve performance and develop a business.
Who should apply?
- Aspiring individuals whose objective it is to start their own business and who need information and skills so they can free their ideas and entrepreneurial potential.
- Individuals who want to empower themselves with knowledge needed to be successful in the business world.
- Business people who are looking for sound skills and proven strategies to succeed in the business world.
- People with part-time or full-time employment who wish to advance their careers or start their own businesses.
What are the admission requirements?
- A senior certificate or equivalent qualification.
- RPL (Recognition of Prior Learning) for mature students who do not meet minimum entry requirements.
- A or O-level certificate.
- GCE (General Certificate in Education).
All admissions to the Certificate in Entrepreneurship programmes are subject to the approval of the REGENT Business School Selection Committee.