On completion of this qualification, graduates will be able to:
- Apply fundamental marketing principles in a work-based context.
- Utilise technology to communicate and market effectively.
- Develop basic marketing plans.
- Evaluate, apply, and integrate marketing knowledge and skills and general business principles to real life situations taking into account societal, ethical and cultural considerations.
- Gather and manage marketing information appropriately in alignment to business objectives and sustainability of the business.
- Understand and analyse contemporary marketing information and evaluate the potential future outcomes of marketing management decisions.
What is the duration of the programme, how is it structured?
The HCMM programme comprises 6 modules. Students attempt three (3) modules per semester. The minimum duration of this programme is one year.
What are the admission requirements?
- A National Senior Certificate with a minimum Higher Certificate admission or a relevant NQF4 Qualification or Equivalent
- A or O level certificates
The programme consists of the following modules:
- Business Communication
- Principles of Marketing
- Customer Relationship Marketing
- Sales Marketing
- Quantitative Marketing
- Business Information Systems
The rationale and purpose of the Higher Certificate in Marketing programme is to equip learners with the necessary skills for implementing marketing strategies as well as assisting with the basic administrative tasks associated with an entry level marketing job. The programme seeks to develop learner’s skills and aptitude by exposing them to basic principles of marketing, sales and promotion techniques as well developing an understanding of customer relationship marketing. The outcome of the programme is to ensure that learners have the knowledge, skills and understanding of the latest marketing and sales strategies as well to develop elementary quantitative and critical thinking skills.